Since his long-ago WPPSI, we have played games to work on improving processing speed and working memory - obviously it was more effective for the latter! He did obtain a dysgraphia diagnosis and will be tested for dyslexia soon - he still reverses some numbers and letters though reads well. To me giving him a paper and hole punch so he can experiment and learn what the resulting pattern will look like is similar to the games we've played. We're also getting an OT evaluation Monday to explore his dysgraphia and sensory issues. His behavior sometimes presents as ADHD or inattentive ADHD but it's likely more to do with sensory issues, the depression and anxiety. His testing did not indicate ADHD. The neuropsych feels that the G&T program will be very beneficial for him especially socially. Starting next year, they go to a different campus one day a week and after that, two days a week for the next two years. It's apparently a very cool, challenging program. This yr it is just one hour of pullout instruction a week so hopefully assuming he does qualify, we can work on his challenges before he is thrust into a new environment and very different curriculum (apparently it's very STEM oriented).

Incidentally we just moved to tis area a few months ago. The old school was very traditional, did not feel he needed any extra help, and promoted a competitive environment among the students. This school is one of the state's top, does a lot of collaborative work, and he's struggling with the writing component. I'm actually convinced he has PANDAS - his writing was far better last year as well as his ability to transfer thought to paper - but that is another story and he did at least have a round of antibiotics recently so I'm hoping his titers are down. Gack. Too much to worry about!!