I'm sorry your experience was so painful. =(

I did not have your experience, so I will not pretend I know how it feels, but FWIW...you still have your mind, your lovely child, and whatever years remain ahead of you. It is possible (based on what you've shared so far) that you may also have an unidentified learning disability that made the academic picture for you much less clear, both to you, and possibly to your parents (e.g., inconsistencies between standardized testing and daily performance).

I highly doubt your brain has atrophied, but it may be that there are other ways of learning that would suit you more than the conventional school approach. You might try giving yourself some positive experiences--watching educational youtubes on subjects of interest to you, learning new non-academic skills of interest (trades, crafts, technical skills, arts, etc.), becoming the expert on your child.

IDK your parents, and can't speak to their motivations, but as a parent yourself, I'm sure you know that most of us are doing the best we can with what we have and know. We'll get it wrong a lot of the time, and pray that our children will be gracious enough to forgive us, or at least be able to let it go, and move on from it.

As adults, we make our own choices with the lives and life history we've been given up to that point. I think understanding and listening to your own DC, to give her a better experience than you had, would be a good place to start. (BTW, you will need many of the same types of skills that you would have needed to be successful in all three of the professions you named, in this endeavor!)

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...