Hello I am hoping for some guidance here. My son is 8 years old, just started 3rd grade. For the past 2 years (1st and 2nd grade) I have heard from his teachers repeatedly that he has a hard time focusing, calling out and speaking over others. He had a hard time completing class work but always does well with his grades on tests. Last year we followed up with our pediatrician and agreed to the adhd diagnosis. We started medication with pediatrician. The medication did not agree with him and made him quite emotional so we stopped with medication. I began researching more and noticed his standardized test scores were a high. I questioned his teacher about this who explained that yet they were good scores but did not offer more information. I asked how he able to get these scores if he is not "focusing" and all she offered was a 504 plan to allow accomodations for the areas he struggles with (again mostly lack of focus) and started sending home "Enrichment" homework at the same time. Confusing to say the least. I begin to question this diagnosis entirely and find a independent school physcologist who specializes in learning disorders and ADHD. She observes him in the classroom and completes a full IQ test as well as Acheivement test. She confirms ADHD but also refrences "giftedness" and list this website as a resource. His scores are below, and although his total score is on he high-average range, not gifted range, I see a huge swing in different areas and wonder what I can do to help the areas he is not strong in. He is 8 so is this something that could still be developed more? Also some of his scores are high and he seems much better suited to his 3rd grade class so far this year. My question is do I push for him to be given Enrichment or identified for TAG or I am expecting too much? We did recently start on Strattera which does seem to be helping some.

Final MAP Scores 2nd Grade Spring - This was done at School
Math - 213
Reading - 199

Age at time of test, 8 years 0 months (May of this year 2017)

Test used - WISC - Fifth Edition
Full IQ - 111
Verbal Comprehension - 124
Visual Spatial - 100
Fluid Reasoning - 106
Working Memory - 91
Processing Speed - 83

Wechsler Academic Achievement Screening - Third Edition
Listening Comprehension - 103 Standard Score, Grade = 3.2
Early Reading Skills - 92 Standard Score, Grade = 1.7
Reading Comprehension - 124 Standard Score, Grade = >12.9
Math Problem Solving - 122 Standard Score, Grade = 4.6