I thought I would pick the brains of this wonderful community.

As DS ages, he is becoming more independent. This includes more online learning in his school curriculum, which frees up blocks of time. These blocks of time are getting bigger each year. It has me thinking of what happens a few years down the road when all of his learning will likely be online (we are thinking of Davidson's Online program really hard).

Which leads me to my quest to figure out what I want my next chapter in life to look like. I am sort of stuck. I am someone who is really good at anything I try to do, but the only thing I have been great at is being a mom. I don't mean to sound arrogant in the previous statement. Prior to parenting, there wasn't anything I really wanted to commit to. I would pursue opportunities that I had never done before or sounded like a good challenge. Then move on to the next when my interest waned. I very much followed the "It's not worth doing if it isn't hard..." mentality. After DS, I see that line of thought is completely bogus.

With DS, I encourage him to play to his strengths, follow his interests, etc. My strengths to be a be a bit more...dilute.

Intellectually, I am somewhere in the top quarter or so within the gifted community. I am definitely not the very top, like many on this board.

I am also considering going back to school for a terminal degree (my current degree is a master's). The problem is there are literally 8 different areas that I feel I could do well, each with pros and cons. I do not want to work at a university, which makes me question returning to school as well.

What resources are there for people like me who can do many things, but can't really seem to pick one?