Has he always found math just "meh", or is this something that has developed over the years? That is, does he need to rediscover his love for math with some relevant, inspiring, and challenging math activities (not necessarily courses), or is he just someone who happens to be really good at math, but doesn't have any particular fascination with it, now or in the past?

I will say that, as a child, my own interest in math was lowest when I was placed far below my true instructional level. In fact, I thought I was bad at math. It's hard to find an activity enjoyable if there's no engaging puzzle or creative thinking involved. So it may be that he isn't interested in math because he hasn't yet experienced either the joy of creative problem solving or a personally-relevant real-life application.

I assume you're also aware that his spring MAP math score is well above the 99th %ile for 11th grade (which is the highest grade in the test norms), and at or above the 99th %ile for the algebra 2 end-of-course exam, so no one should have been surprised that he was bored in geometry. And may very well be bored in algebra 2, also. You may wish to consider additional acceleration/compacting/extension in math.

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...