I think that I am hearing from some of you that that further exploration of a possible neurological cause for his behavior (other than "childhood") isn't out of line. But... what's the next stop after a neuropsych? Really, the whole point of the evaluation by the neuropsych was to diagnose or rule out ADHD!!

[Side note: at his last well-child visit with his pediatrician, when I brought up possible ADHD, the doc asked somewhat rhetorically if he was learning anything in school... implying that he wasn't even going to entertain a conversation about an ADHD diagnosis. I'm not sure if that is based on his quick observations of my son or preconceived notions about misdiagnosis of ADHD, but I do know he didn't dig at all into what my actual concerns or observations were. However, I would expect further conversations with the pediatrician not to be fruitful.]

Bottom line, I expected the buck to stop with the neuropsych, and am really confused as to who to go to from here. Also, I am cognizant that if I keep asking doctors, eventually I will find someone who will diagnose my son as ADHD. That isn't my goal - helping him with *whatever* help he truly needs is my goal.