Indigo - thanks for your, as usual, thoughtful and wonderful ideas. I really appreciate all the support. smile

We have hashed out the details (many many times) of what's not working with me chiming in when it is just the way things are.

Lately he has been frustrated with not getting support on things he's confused about (he missed a few weeks). He says that when he asks they tell him to "just do it". I think their aim is that kids should have a good idea of how things work by now and I imagine they're trying to create a level of independence. That has him just backing away and not caring (or trying not to care). The tricky part comes when he doesn't want me to interfere. I imagine if I nudge the teachers to give him more support they'll approach him and ask him if he understands and he'll just say yes. But that's where it is right now.

I am planning on getting in touch with the teachers to ask what they're seeing on their end. He is pulling out attitude to cover up being miserable - or maybe it naturally flows from being miserable. Not helpful and doesn't lead to empathetic teacher responses.

I'm thinking the program is designed for strong learners (which he is) that are confident extroverts (which he is not - yet).