Thank you all for your responses, your time is much appreciated.
We had considered ADD/ADHD in the past however we did see an OT and she was quite sure that it wasnt't but just that he is an active boy. At home he isn't so fidgety etc either.
Indigo - we opted to test him due to the behaviours that the teacher was reporting. Based on questions he asks at home and how quickly he picks up some things etc, we could tell that he is fairly bright, however his teacher seems to not see any of that - just sees the child who distracts, interrupts etc. So thought it may be beneficial to help advocate for our child if results did in fact show what we thought.
Sanne I agree that as parents we know our children best.
Aeh the report from the psych also expresses surprise that all reports indicate his progress is average and strongly suggested that he needs to be extended and challenged, so hopefully the teacher follows through with that and then we can see if it makes a difference. If not we will see a pediatrician or neuropsychologist to investigate further.
Thank you for your suggestion about visual-spatial weakness. I looked it up but I don't think he falls into that category but it does seem quite involved. What sort of profession could determine whether he does in fact have weak visual-spatial skills? Would something like auditory processing disorder be likely? He seems to do better in smaller and quiet groups than larger groups or noisier environments.