My son took WISC-IV at age 6. His processing speed came in at 21st percentile IQ was high average. No GAI calculation was done. His teachers reported him to be "normal" and "typical". But something just wasn't quite right.

Behavior problems, emotional distress, anxiety, and social isolation prompted a visit with a child psychologist when he was 7, which resulted in ADHD testing and treatment.

He advanced academically with ADHD treatment and the previous testing didn't make sense then. He took WISC-V at age 8. With medication, his FSIQ shot up to gifted range and GAI up to 141.

If you see behavior problems and emotional distress becoming worse, or something doesn't seem quite right, I encourage you to investigate. If you investigate the worst thing that can happen is to be wrong. But if you don't look into it further, you might miss something important. My son's situation is probably an exception, and I would have missed it had I trusted the education professionals. You know your child best. If something doesn't seem quite right - it's probably not.