Welcome! smile

Originally Posted by Rocket99
They refuse to consider grade acceleration in her current public school.
Read your State laws. Read your school district policies. Print out a copy of each. Save this in a ring binder as laws and policies can change over time. Look for anything regarding gifted, or serving each child to their full potential, etc, regardless of the specific terms they may use. Look for anything that may endorse, allow, or NOT specifically disallow a grade skip.

Look at the Iowa Acceleration Scale (IAS). It provides a handy checklist for making sure that all pertinent information is gathered and on the table for discussion. The information gathered can be discussed in terms of a grade skip and can also be discussed in terms of what other steps than a grade skip may be beneficial. There is simply no downside to using the Iowa Acceleration Scale. Here is a brief roundup of info on the Iowa Acceleration Scale (IAS):
- IAS - Acceleration Institute
- IAS - Great Potential Press
- post discussing tests for Ability, Aptitude, Achievement
- post discussing single subject acceleration (SSA), IQ cutoff
- post discussing whether IAS forms are needed

You might also want to read up on the pros and cons of skipping a grade. There is good and bad in everything.

My biggest concern (other than spending much of her school day bored) is that she does not have to work hard at all to excel.
HUGE red flag. Here's why.

Does anyone have experience with a PG child thriving in a public school with little to no accommodations?
I'm sorry, but no I have NEVER heard of that. I wish I could tell you differently. But especially in this era of common core, teachers and schools are evaluated on producing equal outcomes among students... closing gaps... this often means capping the growth of students at the top. You might want to take a look at this list of crowd-sourced advocacy tips. Too often, parents wait until a meeting is already scheduled.