I've been reading this forum for a few months and am ready to ask for advice, thoughts, opinions. A little background: we always knew our DD7 was extremely bright. She started public school and everything was going great until this year (2nd grade). She started complaining about being bored, and we received some (minor, yet uncharacteristic) behavior complaints from her teacher. This was enough for us to finally have her privately tested. Her scores on the WISC V:

VCI 155
VSI 141
FRI 147
WMI 146
PSI 114

FSIQ 149

We applied to a school for the gifted that's relatively close to our home. We found out recently that there is not an opening, so we are now waiting for a spot to open (I'm not holding my breath). There are other schools for the gifted in the area but would require us to move. They refuse to consider grade acceleration in her current public school.

DD is well adjusted socially...a good group of friends and involved in many extra-curricular activities. My biggest concern (other than spending much of her school day bored) is that she does not have to work hard at all to excel. Sometimes I think she'll be fine if we keep her where she is. Other times I feel like a child with this much potential should not be left in a public school.

I'm not sure that I have a specific question, but am interested in any thoughts you may have. Does anyone have experience with a PG child thriving in a public school with little to no accommodations?