I agree completely with indigo. Document it!

I would also suggest having him seen by a psychologist to screen him for anxiety and ADHD. This is an extra form of documentation of the effect the teacher has on your son, plus it gives you an idea if your son actually has executive function challenges or if the teacher has unreasonable expectations.

The results of ADHD testing would provide a direction on how to approach the school, but my aim would be to intervene to get organizational flexibility. Maybe this would be through an IEP process, maybe a frank discussion with the teacher, maybe requesting (demanding) change of classroom.

The results of anxiety assessment would provide direction also. I would be less strategically patient than indigo - only because I'd be all kinds of upset (reactive) over the situation. Check your state's laws here. My state (WI) has a loophole for extended excused absence, up to 30 days. If you have something like that, I would be asking the psychologist for a note/letter/rx for extended school absense so you have time to sort this out without risking your son being retaliated against. I'm very pro-homeschool, so I'd also suggest that with just a couple months left in the school year, you would have an opportunity to test the waters. Check if your state has open enrollment, perhaps he can enroll in another district's school - or virtual school?