We had seen two different neuropsychs (one specializing in 2e and widely regarded, SENG, etc.) for one of our daughters. Both said either mildly gifted (just hitting the 130 mark) and maybe slight adhd. School does nothing but complain to us. One night watching a youtube of Dr. Silverman I came across on the internet in my attempt to figure out what was wrong with my daugther, I swear she was speaking about my daughter in her presentation. I called her and faxed her my daughters medical records and prior neuropsych testing. She called me back, told me to follow up with neuropsych #2, gave me the info to tell him. She says that doc #2 didn't calculate WISC test correctly. Told me what to tell him. She also says the testing demonstrates dyslexia and possible auditory processing issues. Suggests I get a consult..gives me a few names of docs local to my area. Doc #2 comes back with a new report with now an IQ of 20 points higher, still no dx of dyslexia.

We then decide to go have testing with Dr. Silverman. She confirms PG and dyslexia. Local Dr. that she referred us to identifies auditory processing issues. Dr. Silverman recommends we find a local dr. who can help with dyslexia and local resources. We find a local doc who does additional testing and confirms Dr. Silverman's dx of dyslexia. We are now doing OG to help with spelling and seeing improvements. If it had not been for Dr. Silverman, we would have wasted more time trying to find out what was wrong with our daughter. There may be some controversy about her but in science there is always disagreement about validating, testing, treatment. What I know is for our family, Dr. Silverman was the critical resource for us to help our daughter and I will be forever grateful.