DD12, sixth grade, has been diagnosed with just about every possible LD and processing issue. She has been OOD at a spec Ed school since 3rd grade and is now able to read at or above grade level. It is still well below her HS/college level comprehension but I am so proud of how hard she has worked to get here. She now reads for pleasure - both fiction and non fiction. She is slow but can do it.

It is becoming more and more apparent that she has outgrown placement at the spec Ed school. I am looking at options for next year and am leaning towards a small private that allows students to explore topics very deeply - to fully experience learning through all senses. It does not offer spec Ed so I need to figure out what I need to have in place in order for DD to be successful. We are in the process of getting new AT eval, math IEE, new neuropsych/psychoeducational eval, speech eval, etc.

I just don't know what dyslexia intervention is supposed to look like once you reach grade level competence. The reading intervention teacher at her special Ed school has been fabulous. She was the first to really "get" DD and her 2E profile. She used Wilson for 2+ years and then introduced Lindamood Bell. DD still works with this teacher and has been doing a 1-1 HS literature curriculum with her since 4th grade. This is the one person I would hate to lose from DD's program if we change schools but the rest of the program isn't challenging enough.

There is a very good OG program not far from the small private which we may be able to contract with. Or maybe hire this wonderful reading teacher to work with DD privately. But I'm just not clear on what a reading intervention program should look like at this age. We're past decoding and don't need to work on comprehension. So where does that leave us? What do I ask for?

Any and all input would be very much appreciated.