Thanks all for the advice.

Aeh - Those are exactly my issues and concerns right now. It really isn't that long to wait and I know my son well enough that I can figure out what works for him and what doesn't in the meantime. I hope that the IEP will give him some of those tools.

Portia - I am trying to figure out right now whether or not Braille makes sense for him. He has enough vision to read large text but as he gets older it will get more and more difficult to find & carry large text books and braille has advantages in that situation.

Spaghetti - My state does have a school for the blind. It is part of our school district. I'd like for him to go for a year when he is older so he can get some of the skills he may need when he is older. We do have a TVI (teacher for the visually impaired) visit us once a week. She is our conduit for all that information.

Cookie - I've reached out to the Lion's Club when he was much younger to see if they could help with some glasses for him and since his vision condition was so unique they didn't have anything available. I might reach out again - I don't know. I am really not good at asking for help and am not sure how to even go about it. I will ask the TVI about the AAC/T.

Thank you all again.

Last edited by citymom2; 01/27/17 02:03 AM.