I am not sure where to put this question and I thought maybe this forum was the closest thing.

I have a 20 month old toddler who can do many things that I have taught him or he's learned from youtube or apps. He can identify, say and make using magnetic numbers any number from 1-100. He can skip count by 5 and 10 up to 100 and starting to by 2's up to 20. He knows and can recognize one thousand and one million as well and he'll count by thousands. He can do simple addition and subtraction within 10 using my fingers. He can recognize simple addition and subtraction equations and read them to find an answer. He knows some basic fractions - e.g. two halves make a whole, 3 thirds make a whole.

In terms of reading, he is able to sight read between 75 and 100 words. We have some simple board books that I have read to him and now he is able to read at least half of the words in these books. He can spell probably 10-15 words using wooden letters. He understands what consonants and vowels and can recognize simple punctuation.

He is also severely visually impaired. In the best situations, he cannot see more than 2-3 feet in front of him (and what he does see is very blurry and unclear unless it is only 2-3 inches away from his eyes) and in the worst situations, he cannot see at all. Just as an example, we have a 72 inch tv screen and to be able to see he sit about 1 foot away from the screen.

My toddler has an IFSP with the local school district and receives infant services through them. A teacher for the visually impaired visits once a week and provides play activities for him.

He is at the point where he is doing things that children who enter kindergarten will do. Children with similar impairments at that age receive a lot of tools to help them with their school work - e.g. video magnifiers, slantboards, special paper, special markers, etc. I would like for my son to have access to these tools, but I've been told that for the infant program the funds are pooled together and toys are bought for the children to use. The best they've done is to give him a few braille books to look through.

Does anyone know how I could appeal something like this so I can get him the tools that might help him.