Well what I mean is, for example, pulling for homeschooling is an excellent option as well. That is one way you have control over your son's situation.

I started with the polite please when DD8 was in K almost 4 years ago!!!!!!!

I'm just only now seeing the fruits of my labor!

You can't keep a child under duress for that long, no way. On the other hand someone told me once, don't borrow trouble.

There wasn't any major trouble until last year. Definately some bumps the year before.

I see that you've got a beat on what's up and you are confident. That's important to your success here. We all have stories, and you should read them. But none of us can tell you what's in store for your story because none of us know yet.

If your story starts unfolding in a way you don't like, back up re-assess and march on.

I will tell you if I could time travel back here are the things I would do:

Had achievement testing at the same time as IQ testing. I didn't understand what those numbers really meant and I don't think a lot of the teachers do anyway. They speak grade level!

Find out all the laws in your state that define gifted programming for the public schools.

Find out all your district's policies on gifted programming. Ours posts the whole darn thing ver batim on the website. I didn't even look at it til last year! duh. (slapping myself on forehead)

Find out who is on your school board. Anyone you know? Anyone have gifted children?

Lastly, I contacted my State Rep's office recently. It's amazing some of the "loopholes" the summer aide dug up for me!!!

As the boyscouts say: Always Be Prepared!