Originally Posted by Cranberry
Looking again at the details, it doesn't say that the primary contract receives an email when the application is complete.
Where are you looking? I find this information on the DYS FAQs webpage linked in this post upthread. The statement is included in the quoted excerpt in that post. I have now highlighted it with cordovan colored text. It says: "... including an email once the entire application and forms are confirmed to be complete."

There is a lot of information. A careful reading which helps one fully understand the process is the same skill which parents will need, in general, for understanding educational options, policies, how things work... and engaging in successful academic advocacy for their students. Although it may at first seem tedious, it is worth the time to read, take notes, jot timelines, make copies of forms and documents, etc.

I'll add that if/when one's experience of a process differs from the documentation of that process, either the documentation, the process, or both should be changed so that they match. Maintaining matching documentation and process manages expectations, creates transparency, ensures a common experience, and fosters trust in the system so that all may know they are being treated equally.