Originally Posted by peanutsmom
I received request for parents approval form submission; and another email confirming that I had submitted it. My husband never received the email. I received email that the nominator form has been submitted also. I never received any confirmation that my application is complete, which I guess I should have received if it is?
Could someone please advise whether the parental approval forms are shared, I.e. there's only one to fill out by both parents? Are there any email notification I should have received indicating that all forms are completed?
The DYS FAQs webpage describes when parents will be notified, including a notification that their completed application has been received. smile You may want to read that carefully. Here is one small excerpt:
Originally Posted by DYS FAQs webpage
Q. How will I know when the application I submitted is complete and will be sent to review?
The parent selected as primary contact on the Parent/Guardian page of the application will receive automatic emails from the application system throughout the application process, including an email once the entire application and forms are confirmed to be complete. At this point, the application will go to review on the 1st of the following month. The primary contact will also receive emails at each of the following points:
- After submitting the online application, to notify you it has been received. At this time, the primary contact and other custodial parent listed in the application will receive a link to the Parent Agreement Form.
- Once the Nominator has submitted the Nomination Form.
- If the application or forms are deemed incomplete, you will receive an email indicating next steps.
As alluded to in the excerpt above,
- Parents choose which parent will be the primary contact, and receive the automatic e-mails.
- Parents provide the contact information for custodial parents in the application. Did you provide your husband's contact information as a custodial parent?

Because family structures differ, "custodial parents" sign the forms. For example, in families where the parents are divorced, one parent may have sole custody or both parents may share joint custody (even if one parent has placement).

If the application is not complete, the worst case scenario is that the review will be delayed to the next month; you would not need to re-apply.