We ran through a number of Newbery medalist and honor titles at this age.

I'm personally a huge fan of Umberto Eco's Foucault's Pendulum, but it's likely a bit much at 8. It's quite slow, probably.

What type of content does she like, generally?

I read many of Kate DiCamillo's books to DD at 7-8yo. Lois Lowry's works are another idea-- those are surprising deep, in terms of theme and content, but are definitely aimed at a youth audience for all their sophistication. Gathering Blue is the less well-known of her dystopian novels.

Caddie Woodlawn was a book that I liked at this age-- but DD found them boring.

Trixie Belden-- those are back in print now, and they are slightly "younger" than Nancy Drew, but just as 'clean' in terms of nonsexual themes. I was obsessed with them at 8-10yo, but those are probably best for her to read, not for reading aloud.

Dickens. Looking at your list, I'd definitely suggest Dickens-- it's lovely for reading aloud.

Richard Adams' books-- Watership Down is THE book here... though... The Girl in A Swing, ehhhhh... probably not. I won't spoil the ending, but it's seriously creepy. On a tangent, DD texted me over the holiday, with a tearful note about the BBC's elegiac headline upon his recent passing. He's a personal favorite of hers and mine.

Ellis Peters' Brother Cadfael books-- there are quite a few of these.

James Herriot's books are a wonderful introduction to memoir if the accounts of Anne of Green Gables or Caddie Woodlawn don't appeal.

Some of Gaiman's works, but preview these carefully.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.