I can't remember where I read it, but many DYS kids are clustered near the minimum qualification levels with only a small minority who are significantly beyond the minimums. I have one DYS near the minimum and another who is significantly beyond. It follows that many of the more extreme accomplishments for the Kindergarten and younger ages may correlate with the more extreme DYS kids. At the same time, some kids who appeared extreme as toddlers/preschoolers/kindergarteners may just be manifesting interest/focus on a particular skill set at the expense of other skill sets at that point in time. My point is do not feel intimidated or feel like your anecdotes have to wow the committee. For my more typical DYS, I couldn't think of many academic examples especially in view of my more extreme DYS and ended up pulling artistic examples even though the committee specifically indicated that they were not interested in art or music or athletic accomplishments. I did spin it by explaining how those examples tied into prodigious ability, deep exploration and processing complex info. As "wrong" as my "mommy descriptions" probably were, DD still got accepted so stop worrying and just start writing. I did the writing both times in a single day partly so I wouldn't agonize over the application. Good luck!