atnightingale, first, just a big caveat here - I'm not a professional, only a 2e parent. So take what I have to say through that filter smile

There are signs that your dd might be struggling with an undiagnosed challenge that's impacting her ability to succeed at specific types of academics. It also sounds like she's had some evaluations, but not a truly global educational evaluation. Was her recent psych eval a full educational psych eval (typically includes ability+achievement testing, behavior ratings, review of homework, development history through parent interview, as well as follow-up testing based on results of ability+achievement testing when discrepancies or questions are noted), or was it an eval focused on specifically on ruling out/in ADHD? Was there any other testing included?

It's really tough making decisions about placement in school and how to meet a 2e student's academic needs without having a good understanding of what's at the root cause of observed behaviors. It's been our experience that our 2e kids need to be placed where they should be placed intellectually, but they also need support with accommodations in order to succeed there. Additionally, it's been our experience (in my family), that our 2e kids make the greatest gains in remediation when they are appropriately challenged intellectually.

That said, for us, it was impossible to get to that place where we knew what our kids needed without thorough evals. Sometimes in some school districts parents are able to get a thorough eval through school, in our case we had to get a private eval in order to fully understand what our 2e kids' challenges were. You've mentioned an upcoming 504 meeting - has your dd been through an IEP eligibility process? If not, have you considered requesting one?

One thing I'd recommend doing right away - look up the definitions for each WISC subtest, and look for correlations in the discrepancies among subtest scores - are there any trends such as lower scores for subtests that are timed, or require written output, or where the question was read vs listened to etc. That might clue you in to whether or not you're seeing discrepancies based on the actual ability being assessed or another ability that's holding back your dd's ability to express her full knowledge.

The other thing I'd suggest - make notes of what you observe when you work with your dd at home. Talk to her about what's frustrating at school. (You may already have all of this down.. just making the suggestion in case you haven't). Look for any patterns you can find re the type of work she struggles with or dislikes. Don't assume that her issues with math are all due to under-challenge.

Re state testing - this will vary from state to state, but fwiw, in my state, relying on state testing for any meaningful info is very difficult for intellectually gifted students. If this was my state, I wouldn't be surprised that a student who is placed in a gifted classroom program for instruction is scoring two grade levels high on state testing - state testing is typically achievement testing, and grade level expectations are (at least here) focus squarely at the middle achiever at best.

My last piece of advice, try not to worry about whether or not your dd is somewhat held back (re keeping her in the gifted program math she's currently in, vs whole grade acceleration etc).. at this moment in time.. and first try to figure out what the issue is that's driving the challenges with glasswork you've noted. There's enough that you've mentioned here to suspect that it's something beyond simply being bored with level of challenge. Figure it out, then you'll be able to come up with a plan for accommodations and remediation if necessary, and then your dd will be ready to succeed and you can make an informed decision re where to place her. I suggest not overthinking the gifted placement first based on my 2e kids' personal experience - it was tough having to deal with the difficult e first, but they each benefited greatly from it and in turn were able to be successfully placed where they needed to be intellectually in middle school. If we hadn't taken the time to understand their diagnoses, placements in intellectually challenging classrooms in middle school wouldn't have worked.

Best wishes,

polarbear

ps - Self-confidence has been a huge issue for both of my 2e kids along the way - not being able to produce the work they see peers producing or that they feel they should be able to based on their innate intellectual abilities was really tough on self-esteem until they had their diagnoses.