Dottie, I didn't even think about the overlap/review between the levels, that makes me feel a lot better. Singapore seems to run about half a year ahead, so he would be just about to where usual 2nd grade ends and the overlap explains why he's half way through 3rd grade.

Kriston, I try to be Zen about his math, but it's one of the only areas teaching him that I have a hard time being flexible. I think it's because while I enjoyed math in school, I'm not a math person so it's not something I feel comfortable winging. I try to remind myself that it's not his problem that I have issues, lol.

After looking into the Quick Tables some more, it looks like they're drill practice. So, I think what we'll do is have him focus more on those while we have the free trial. If he can get them down fairly well, we'll keep going with the Aleks. He really seems to like it, especially that it lets him show he can do something and move on. We're moving on from Singapore Math for now because he was getting frustrated with the small chunks of concepts it gives at one time. He seems to need to see the big picture for the small chunks to make sense.

If he seems resistant to memorizing them, I guess we'll try something else (see, I'm trying to be flexible, lol).