We're using the month trial of Aleks Math now and I'm a bit confused by it. It initially assessed DS at 26% of Level 3 when he took the assessment 2 days ago. I had it reassess him today (because he had missed some stuff I know he knows, but he wasn't used to the format and forgot to click the blue box) and now he's at 43%. He can't possibly be almost half way done with 3rd grade math! Is it possible that he was assessed out of things he doesn't actually know? If that's the case, is it possible to reset those so that he can actually do them?

Also, are the quick tables supposed to help him with memorizing the math facts? There doesn't appear to be much work with basic multiplication facts in the regular course. I'm wondering if we should supplement with Singapore Math 2b since that's where they work with the multiplication facts. He has a lot of them down just from knowing the math behind them, but some of them stump him. I'm just not sure how effective teaching him to do multi-digit multiplication is going to be without knowing his facts pretty well.

Ideas or advice?