Hi everyone,

It's our first post. Everyone keeps telling us that it seems our daughter is gifted (and they have been saying this for over a year now) but we aren't too sure and she isn't even 3 yet (she will be at the end of March) so, as far as we can tell, there isn't anything really available for her anyways.

She has always excelled at her development testing, generally being months and months ahead each time in each area. When she was turning 2, most people said she spoke like a 4 year old and now her vocabulary is even better.

She loves to learn and generally asks to learn specific things. Right now she is wanting to learn to read and learn about 'animal houses'. She has known all of her basic colours (we haven't gone into detail, otherwise I'm sure she would know more), can recognize and write the majority of the alphabet and can count to 20 easily. I have also been told she traces better than 4/5 year olds (she just wrote letters to family which I shared on social media).

She is also (slowly, because I don't have too much time with her) working on learning French and has already started learning music on various instruments. She also has a decent understanding of tools and already knows how to change tires on a car.

We are undecided if these things make her gifted or if she just has been taught things other kids maybe haven't, from an early age.

I'm not sure what else to add, other than I'm glad I found this forum smile