I think it depends on the situation with each child and each school. My daughter had a FSIQ of I think 135 but her GAI was 150. When there are large gaps it helps to look at strengths and weaknesses and whether the learning environment supports those. In her case she needs higher level thinking skills and concepts, but not more work because she is slow in processing. My other child's FSIQ is probably 130 something as well but non-verbal reasoning was in the 140's. In his case, he moves very fast with math and is accelerated for math 3 grade levels. But again, slower processing so he's not big on actual work. He shows a lot more characteristics of what you typically see in a gifted child than my daughter, and therefore I'm more worried about getting the right environment for him. The neuropsych noted that when he was tested, he zoned out whenever the testing material was too easy and was a lot more engaged by the challenging tasks. So this probably translates to the classroom where he sometimes displays ADHD-like behaviors. With some kids, you would not necessarily see that trend.

If a child has a high working memory but lower on everything else, I'm not sure what that means in terms of what learning environment they should be in, but my guess is that most schools are probably fine. If the current situation is working, then I wouldn't mess with it.