I really appreciate if any parents who could share your experience for low WMI? My 10 years old DS just got his WISC-V report and his number are:
VCI 155/>99.9
VSI 138/99
FRI 144/99.8
WMI 107/68
PSI 129/97
FSIQ 146/99.9
GAI 152/>99.9
I did lot of research online after I saw his report but cannot find any suggestions for high VCI vs. low WMI.
He had super difficult time in K which is a public school. I still remember he was sent to principle's office almost every week. Then we transferred him to a highly reputable private schools from G1. He had 3 happy years in his private school. The school placed him in advanced reading group in that 3 years but every teacher told me that he couldn't focus on reading material. All other kids could repeat the story but most of time he couldn't. All teachers told me that my DS kept ignoring teachers questions or classroom rules. As parents, we keep reminding him and sometimes punished him but things can only get better for a few days. He had G4 in a public school because of family relocation. Same as before, we heard complaints from G4 teacher.
We know our DS doesn't have learning issues and his academic is very strong but we were still shocked by his Full Scale IQ score.
Most of online discussions mentioned that kids who have low WMI usually have reading disability. But my DS doesn't. He had SSAT middle level exam at G4 and score is 95%. The next day, he tried SCAT middle level and both verbal and math are 99%.
I am coming here look for suggestion and advice. I appreciate for your help.