Thanks all for your great responses!

RRD, I especially related to your post. My DS8 is extremely intense, emotional and sensitive about everything, exactly like me. Unfortunately, although I guess I had minor achievements in school, I never was top of the class or found anything easy. However, I do suffer from severe lack of confidence to the point where I won't even bother trying things because I assume I can't do them.

Case-in-point - when they were testing me two weeks ago, I was going great guns on the general knowledge section, answered six questions straight off the bat, but then I was asked a question I didn't know. My anxiety and lack of confidence immediately kicked in and I berated myself for not knowing the answer to something so simple. Consequently, for the next three questions - even though I knew the answers - I panicked and started second-guessing myself and answered "I don't know" rather than "look stupid" and guess wrong.

This is the main reason why I'm so desperate for DS8 to gain self-confidence, I have never had it my whole life and it's CRIPPLING.

I don't expect to test gifted but I would be floored if I did.