I've been concerned about this previously, but I haven't gained any traction on figuring out what's going on.

My DD9 has an FSIQ of 147 (GAI of 159) but basically makes low Bs and maybe even C level work. She doesn't appear to have ADD (she doesn't zone out or lose things although she can get really really hyper when she's excited about something). However it appears that her academic achievement is nowhere near her IQ would indicate. I recently got her CAASPP scores back (we are in California) and she just barely tested into Standards Met. I know some kids don't test well and this was the first year she had to take take it, but I'm really concerned because I expect that she would at least test at the middle or top of Standards Met based on IQ... my DS who is 2e and has a lot more visible issues and the same basic IQ has consistently tested into Standards Exceeded. Also her school work is in line with the test results. I can't ignore this... but I have no idea what the problem is... ? The school checked her reading but said she is at grade level so I should drop it. Teacher states she notices that she makes careless mistakes. She is an artistic child- likes crafts, does not really seem to like academics but still does her homework, wants to please the teacher etc. Doesn't like reading unless graphic novel. I don't get that she doesn't care, in fact I think she'd love to be a top student if she got the chance. However, I don't need her to be the perfect student, but I am worried about the fact that she just got through 3rd grade by the skin of her teeth... yikes. Please think tank this for me. I have asked similar questions before, and aeh mentioned that there might be a problem with automacy but any and all suggestions welcome.