A 2 part question:
So, I have posted that we were leaning towards homeschooling for younger DD11 (grade accel. one year). Middle school was not the best last year. She has admitted that the only good classes at school were her electives. She is stretched in math (running about 3 years ahead). The rest of the year in basic 6th grade classes. She said she doodles most of the time (on paper, her legs, her arms....)

Ok, so now it's becoming clear how miserable she is. Her assessments are indicating depression and anxiety on top of the ADHD (inattentive) we already know about. She's miserable and oh so irritable.

We are receiving different advice from two different psychs (one who did testing/one currently used for therapy) concerning taking DD out of school. One (who did the testing) says she doesn't usually recommend homeschooling, but in our case she thought it was a good idea. The other is not anti-home schooling but thought DD needed to be on board with it, and asked if I could let DD dip her foot into the homeschool waters by joining a co-op class to check it out. DD was kind of open to the change but ultimately said no because she would have wasted all that time last year trying to make new friends. Let's be clear - she didn't have one playdate with those kids last year, maybe a few texts, and we didn't see any playdates this summer although she kept texting and emailing these girls. DD finally admitted yesterday she would love to find kids "who think like her". So, I wonder, do we really let her make the decision or should we make it for her? DH is hesitant about change. He is leaning towards letting her try public school again for a few months. I'm feeling pressure to decide because school starts very soon.

Next - meds. DD has not been medicated for ADHD. She did well in school last year (straight A's). She's a mess at home. It's almost impossible to keep a conversation going with her as she is apt to go back to reading or watching her Ted Talks. Never mind the disaster bedroom/forgetting what we say 2 minutes after we ask her to do something. But now - wondering about the depression and anxiety. What to attack first? ADHD? Emotional side? Psych. feels we should address the depression first.

I'm paralyzed with indecision. When I kiss her good night, I just want to hug her forever so she doesn't have to feel so sad.