Thanks for your indepth response aeh, much appreciated. Yes,the big difference in the PRI compared to the others is what got me thinking. Also, he is very curious and goes indepth when talking about things he's interested in. He also worries excessively about things he shouldn't be worried about. Case in point - shortly before we had him tested and he started having issues with remembering things he would worry incessantly and say things like "momma, what if I can't remember things for work when I'm older?". I don't care who you are, no 6 year old should be worrying about that yet!

We have parent/teacher conferences coming up in the next couple of weeks so I'm going to broach the subject with his teacher and see what her input is.

Incidentally, I got my daughter's test results for her eligibility to the gifted program and I gotta say I was a little disappointed knowing what her actual ability is:

Mental Ability � CoGAT � (Cognitive Abilities Test) �
Verbal � 71%
Quantitative � 88%
Nonverbal � 84 %
Composite � 84%

Achievement � MAP � Reading � 91%

Creativity � Torrance � 92%

Motivation � Gifted Rating Scales � 98%

No intelligence test, is that normal? I always assumed they had to have a certain level of IQ to get in?