"I also see this as a belief that the role of gifted students or those who've demonstrated prior knowledge of the upcoming year's curriculum is to function as cash cows being milked for their government funding allocation so that these funds may be spent on others while ignoring their own educational needs. I find this demeaning and dehumanizing to the gifted population and those who've demonstrated prior knowledge of the upcoming year's curriculum."

^this.

A gifted student that NEEDS no instruction on a subject, is one that shouldn't be "paying" to occupy a seat. If the funds are reduced to special needs kids, because the amount of kids the were there, are no longer... it means that a group was disproportionately using funds, and a population that SHOULD also have resources at it's disposal is not receiving them.

I do not believe any kid should not get what they need. But I think it's disingenuous to argue for gifted kids' butts in seats (asking them to pay double, sometimes triple+) simply to get the money.