Originally Posted by LoveSunnyDays
Thanks for sharing the link. Good report.

This report confirms that many kids would benefit from grade skips. Most of the kids who are in the 98th/99th percentile in their grade level would benefit from a 1 to 2 year (or more) grade skip. Many who oppose grade skipping are concerned about social adjustment, but if you grade skip an entire cohort of kids together(or even just two kids together), that problem goes away as these kids now also get a cohort of age peers in addition to getting the proper level of education. Think of what this would mean too for the schools, how much money we could save by moving these kids through K-12 quicker, 11 years of education vs. 13. Many kids can enter college by 16. It's a win-win-win for all.

I have been looking at testing etc in NZ this week. As far as I can tell he is testing at about the 94th percentile in maths which seems low for a PG kid. But it is between 3 and 4 years ahead of standard. I haven't worked out whether they used the adaptive version of the test yet so it may just be he did year 5 maths as well as a year 8 or it may be he got the hardest question right etc but it does show that the number who would benefit from at least SSA.