My older son did some college courses in the summers at the community college (as well as an online course while he was enrolled in his university!) so I'm on their email list. Just learned that they have a guarantee with some pretty good schools in our state, two years at CC guarantees admission to the University. So that's good to know.

A Fusion did open not long ago. I talked to DS about it, and he says he LIKES going to high school, being in class, being in music, and doesn't really want to go to one-on-one, even though there's no homework (his bugaboo). But, he may have to, at least for this required class.

One issue with Fusion is they don't do AP courses. They can prep you for the exam, but you don't get course credit. Well, since DS dropped AP physics and still got 5 on the exam, that's kind of the same thing, so I would certainly consider it for AP Bio if the same thing is going to happen. I'd love for him to take his 4th year of English there, too. I wonder how hard it would be to get the HS to okay it? Since he really has to pass that one, and I'm not hopeful, I think I will bring it up with his counselor and SpEd. He is new to SpEd, though; I may need to call in the psych and evaluator for support.