Thanks for the link. We are serious library goers and last year we did many of the books like Henry and Mudge, which have step level reading stages. So she would choose many books. But she started choosing books that were too hard for her to read and just wanted us to read them to her.

Though the Step into Reading Barbie books I got at Costco are coveted.

Thanks Kriston. I understand what you are saying and I try and follow that line and I also tell her when she shows me something easy and wants praise, I might say that was easy for her. Like standing close and dunking a basketball, and asking her to practice where it is harder.

But like anything, it seems she has to choose when she pushes herself to work. I posted elsewhere where she has pushed herself and she pushed herself on the bicycle this summer, where she wouldn't on the tricycle in years past. Or swimming, she is fearless in the ocean or diving into the pool.

And she started reading at 2.5 and before 3 she pushes herself more. I think the novelty is over and it is just work with words she has to do phonetically and she lacks patience.

I think that it is. Sorry for thinking as I write. Her patience during the middle, not the introduction of new things, but the middle where it is just the drudge work is not so exciting. But then she will sit down and do some work, ask for it. Practicing her writing, doing some math, spelling, a puzzle etc. I just don't know when.

But thank you for what you wrote. It made me think more closely.

Ren