We have a meeting at school to request a grade skip for DS8. He is finishing 2nd grade and will enter a 3rd-4th grade classroom next school year. The school teaches in a workshop model and groups children within the classroom by ability. I guess what we are really asking for is that he be allowed to rise to his actual learning potential and work with the 4th graders if/when appropriate (instead of the advanced 3rd graders), leaving us with the need for a plan for the following school year (hence the meeting).

The school sent out DS' NWEA and SRI test results. My best guest is that they will argue they are serving him well with the current set up given his test scores (listed below) and that changes are not needed.

I am hoping some of you can give me some insight that I can use for the meeting. He is the only 2nd grader taking these tests so we can't really compare to overall 2nd grade results. It seems to me that based on the RIT tables, except for math, he has lost ground. Does anything else jump out? How meaningful/accurate are these tests?

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated. TIA!

NWEA MAP:
Math 220/216/242
Reading 237/220/232(Winter retake)/228
language 229/232/226

SRI:1027/1228/1264

Last edited by lmb123; 05/31/16 04:14 PM.