After obsessing for a while on the ancestral health movement (paleo, primal, PHD, nurturing traditions etc,) I have come away with this for our family:
The record for artificial water soluble vitamins is poor (with the exception of vitamin C in case of actual deficiency) and it is probably best, and also probably sufficient to cover water soluble vitamin needs by eating LOTS of fresh fruits and vegetables (not necessarily raw, certainly not in the case of vegetables, unless lactofermented, but prepared from scratch).
It's different for fat soluble vitamins and nutrients, because most people do not eat enough high vitamin animal fats (eggs, fish, shellfish, butter, liver, all non-muscle meats) any more. So we supplement with high vitamin butter oil/CLO capsules from green pastures for A, D, E and K and vitamin D and K2 drops by Thorne (also occasionally phosphatidylcholine, not a vitamin, but probably essential in our family - one kid being born with spina bifida means there must be some deficiency somewhere in that pathway).
I am told that the vitamin D content in the Thorne product is not really high enough in relation to the K2 so I am hoping that there is enough to offset that in the green pasture capsules and in the animal fat we are eating.
These are a concentrated natural product (or at least that's what it.says on the tin), not artificial vitamins, so I hope bioavailability is best that way.
YMMV if you avoid animal products completely.
It is easier to supplement with minerals, since the body is used to sources such as water and dirt, it doesn't have to come from actual food the way vitamins should.

Last edited by Tigerle; 05/28/16 11:49 PM.