Got word that district has officially accepted DD into the highly competitive TAG program and will be placing her with her best friend! The coordinator of the program is the same school psych who initially evaluated/identified DD 5 years ago and almost had her head explode because of the numbers. Since she is familiar with DD's strengths she waived the formal reading/writing eval and just placed her in the program. (I guess you don't forget that kind of experience... smile )

The case manager and I will visit next week to see if we can identify any needed accommodations we haven't yet thought of. DD will shadow her friend a few days later. The school psych overseeing the program was clear that they have had special needs students in the program before - including a kid with "significant writing challenges". Hoping this is a good thing and that I am not opening Pandora's box. Admission to the program is *highly* selective and I can just hear the screams from parents who think the spot should have gone to someone who 'actually deserves it'...