A bit disappointing that no one weighed in here but maybe it's not as common a problem as I thought...

Had our meeting today and everyone was very enthusiastic about the possibility of DD doing the TAG program in district one day per week. A good way to have her spend time with very bright/gifted same age peers who are enthusiastic about learning. District is looking into whether or not we can make this work. I'm not sure if they ever had an LD kid in their TAG program. We might be inventing the wheel here if we go forward with this plan.

When school heard that district was looking at having DD do LA at the local high school they were insistent that that could/would/should try to meet that need in house. This led to a lively discussion about DD needing a "more authentic" experience with gifted or higher level peers than their typical program would provide.

So no answers yet but some good discussion.

If anyone has some input regarding switching gears to focus more on the gifted side I am eager to hear it. Or on how your severely LD kids have (or have not) adapted to their gifted program and what we need to consider in terms of accomodatioms. Thanks.