The team is generally great, and it is a record-keeping issue. No one thought she needed a full eval back in October (either us or the counselor or the principal), but she has been having increasing issues during the school year that prompted the spring evaluation. I just don't like that it includes language that makes it look like we were the ones who delayed it, because we weren't. I wasn't sure if that was me putting my own ego ahead of DD's welfare, though.

We got the evaluation in May of 2015, and shared it with her elementary school that year before school got out, but it didn't make it over to the middle school where she is now. So I sent another copy in September when school started and talked to the counselor about it then. I should have brought up that the 504 meeting in October was her triennial, but it was our first triennial and I didn't know that they needed to do any more than they did. (I suppose I still don't really know that.) The counselor sent an updated report for us to sign when she realized that she should have done an evaluation, I think in January in November? The school psychologist didn't get involved until March.

Last edited by ElizabethN; 05/09/16 08:42 PM. Reason: looked up timeline