So, DD12 was approved for an IEP today. There is a statement in the evaluation report that says:
In March 2016 [school] Multi-Disciplinary Team learned that DD has a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder; the team decided that an Initial evaluation would help determine the best level of support for DD.
In fact, I went to some trouble to be certain that the school counselor had a copy of her autism evaluation and diagnosis right when school started in September, and then sent it again before her October 2015 triennial review. The counselor didn't realize at the time that the review was actually a triennial, and apparently lost the diagnosis so it never went in DD's file. She backfilled on the triennial review thing in November, but never updated the file with the correct diagnosis. It came to light in March when DD was having issues at school, and the team decided then that the school psychologist should do an evaluation.

Do you guys think I should point this out or leave it alone? She is getting the IEP anyway, but I don't like the implication that we hid the ball on them when we were actually doing everything we could to be sure they had all the information.