Hi nnngoose,
Welcome.
You said:
this is a difficult topic to talk to family and friends about
I say:
You can say that again!

I second the Iowa Acceleration Scale Manual, it's a wonderful read!
I think you should also apply to the Davidson's Young Scholar Program, which would give your access to 100's of BTDT (been there done that) parents who won't mind at all that your lovely little O is quite an unusual person.
It isn't definite that she would get in, but it's certianly worth a try! See page: http://www.ditdservices.org/Articles.aspx?ArticleID=252

I think that a grade skip would not be a big deal since she qualifies by birthday, and it is still young enough in the school process that they won't be gaps.

As far as interpreting your scores - I would say that they are high enough that your daughter would likely still be quite underchallenged in a full time gifted program of 2nd graders. Parents in your positon are usually quite confused because most programs that are "for the gifted" are still not a good fit for kids like this.

Best wishes,
Trinity

Personally, I think that learning to do the work of learning is one of the most important things a child can get from school. I have come to belive this from watching it not happen for my son.

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com