Come to think of it, this whole experience with DS6 is not just shining light on the possible 2E aspect. Never having considered the characteristics of gifted children before, I had never heard of Dabrowski's OEs. It's a new lens with which to consider my own personality and behaviour.

I have always thought of myself as being a "super-feeler" of sorts, but was always hesitant to describe myself as such to anyone else. Since I had never heard of anything like it, I was concerned people would think I was a bit crazy. I've explained it to my husband, but always in a really light-hearted way.

But I've always been convinced that I had a more sensitive sense of taste, smell, hearing and touch. I've always been more bothered by stuff. I've always been more emotional and had a tough time controlling my emotions. I've always struggled with being affected by other people's feelings. I've always talked too much. And I could go on.

It's really comforting to now understand that it might actually be legitimate! smile