Lots of really interesting stories and advice here. I do think that the frequency of PG could be helpful, but I am currently not able to think of how this could be worked into the conversation, for us, specifically. If it comes up naturally, I am going to be prepared to talk about it.

Another thing I have been thinking about today is, what is it that makes teachers and schools reject parent input? I feel like this is something that has happened to us a lot and maybe if I understood it more, I could more effectively communicate what I need to.

It could be lack of time/resources - in which case, maybe you just need to be the squeaky wheel?

It could be unreasonable requests from other parents, but I am not sure I know any parent who had wildly unreasonable requests, so I cannot comment further.

I think most of the teachers around here are paid reasonably compared to the workforce in this area, so I don't see that to be as big of a problem as it could be elsewhere.

It may be that the teacher thinks they will personally get in trouble or lose job security if they cannot meet a certain student's needs without help. This is what I think is more likely. In this case, it is more the fault of the administration. How could one support the teacher while fighting the administration?

ETA: I had forgotten to add that it seems like a lot of people still think that if you say one person is more intelligent than another, it means you think they are better. I guess the way to deal with this is to talk more about meeting their need to learn and grow.

Anyhow, that is where I am at today.

Last edited by howdy; 04/11/16 10:07 AM.