Thanks Pemberely. I'm going to talk to the advocate w/ the disability law center and see if she has any advice.

But then I keep wondering why I am pushing for services from people who are clearly incompetent. I shouldn't have to tell the SLP that there are articulation issues when they are obvious. How in the world is she ever going to do anything w/ him. I would probably actually be more competent if I was trained.

Same with the OT. I shouldn't have to explain what "dysgraphia" is. I shouldn't have to tell her that DS is holding the pencil about 2" too high. I shouldn't have to explain that he might learn the skills but if he doesn't use them, they will be lost. I shouldn't have to tell the special ed teacher that it is useless to try to get him to write a 3 page story using handwriting--he needs to use AT. But he still needs to become functional w/ short samples of writing, like filling out a form.

We went around and around in circles and they put what I wanted into the IEP but I doubt they are actually going to change what they are doing with him on a long-term basis. They do whatever it is that's routine for them. So the SLP doesn't want to go into the classroom and find out why DS thinks everyone hates him. He needs to come into the social skills group and she does her social skills curriculum. It's not individualized at all. I'm sure all of the kids had the exact same goals in their IEPs for social skills (being able to identify when someone has a "weird thought" about them--sounds like a GREAT strategy to use with a kid who already has self-esteem issues...eyeroll).

There may be staff changes next year which is the only reason why I am holding onto this and not letting them drop things.

Does anyone know if it's possible to have ONLY DAPE in an IEP? Because that is the one thing I don't want to let go anytime soon.