Thanks for the suggestions. Do you remember which app she used for math? I am not sure what exactly the issues were with SnapType but DS would grumble about it at home and say that the teacher took the picture of his math upside down and it was useless anyway...things like that. Next year he may have an actual textbook for math rather than worksheets...so then what? I can't see him copying problems into a notebook.

It just kills me to see his writing in first grade, after a no-nonsense teacher had worked with him. It looked almost normal. Now we are back to preschool scribbling. DS has a disability but it seems like he should be required to put in some effort. It's hard to find a balance.

Also, I don't know if the OT at the school has been particularly helpful. So it makes me wonder if he had a better OT, would things have gotten this bad. I feel that they are giving up on his writing and she is not going to even try with him anymore, even though his pencil grip is incredibly awkward, he probably isn't forming all the letters correctly, etc. I feel like they are not going to increase his services for OT (he only gets 3X per month, maybe for 20 or 30 min. at a time) and I have to choose between her working w/ him on AT OR handwriting.