DS in third grade had an IEP meeting and I passed around samples of his writing. His handwriting has actually gotten worse in the past two years. He can write neatly for short samples but he doesn't like to. His brain works much faster than his hands. He has developmental coordination disorder and if he doesn't have dysgraphia it is similar enough that he will need the same sort of adaptations. It is obviously a motor deficiency and it causes illegible handwriting.

I suggested that anything over a paragraph, he needs to use some sort of AT.
Anything under a paragraph and he needs to write neatly. He shouldn't be allowed to turn in sloppy, illegible work. Even his math worksheets and tests are illegible.

No one likes the idea of having him re-do his work because he will get upset and resist doing the work.

They claim they have tried AT but
1. He doesn't like it and claims it is too fussy. They have tried having him keyboard, SnapType for math (where they take pictures of his math worksheets and then he can type his answers--DS claims this is too fussy and it's faster to just write).

2. Speech to Text doesn't pick up a lot of his speech because of his articulation and/or prosody issues and he doesn't like it.

I feel like the people on his team don't really know what they are doing. They may try something for a couple days, DS grumbles about it, and they give up. I mentioned having an AT eval a couple times and they just sort of dismiss that suggestion saying they have tried things.

He is due for a 3-year re-evaluation in the fall but they want to do it now. Any thoughts?