A huge thank you to everyone who responded to my post. You are right Expat Mama, I have been back and forth on deciding what is best, and I think I need to get used to the idea that I will not be 100% sure on the best option for DD no matter which grade placement she is in, at least in the shorter term.

You have all made some fantastic points, and gave me a lot to think about.

We did see a new optometrist last week, and there are some convergence issues and some visual processing issues that we are going to address. So hopefully that will help.

We had a meeting with the school today, and I got to see some of her work and hear how her teachers think she is going, and they are happy that she is working at a year 1 level, and her writing is looking fantastic! She is still near the bottom of her class for maths and literacy, but they have good supports in place, and they are happy that she is making good progress. Unlike this time last year, she is not sinking under the work. Her academic self-esteem seems to be increasing too, which was a major concern last year.

We also discussed some possible indicators of ADHD, that we will keep that in the back of our minds and revisit as the year goes on if needed. I was glad the school agreed that their are some indicators of ADHD, because as I mentioned above, I have been watching her and seeing what I was thinking where ADHD like traits, and its nice to have someone else to agree that they are seeing similar challenges.

I do like her school, and they are very available for support and discussions.

So I will try my best to relax, and support her with a few suggestions made by the school, and work on her vision and keep an eye on the attention issue.