Originally Posted by KJP
Could she be twice exceptional?

I suspect she might be KJP. She is a bit young to look at dyslexia yet as early reading and symptoms of dyslexia can overlap quite a bit as far as I understand, but I am definitely keeping that on the radar as she gets a bit older.

We visited a behavioural optometrist last year as well who said she has some vision issues, but we did not pursue last year as I am not sure about behavioural optometry . . . and we saw two different optometrists with two different opinions. I am taking her to another optometrist tomorrow actually as she has been talking about having a white spot in her vision, so we will definitely have to look further into visual processing.

We are currently going through an assessment for ADHD with DS7, and I am also keeping my mind open to that possibility for DD as she shows some symptoms, albeit milder than her brother, but again she is a bit young, and what I see in her could still be age related.

She is going to OT for her handwriting, which is getting much better.

She did speech last year because she was not producing the 'sh' sound. That has been remedied, but I do find she mishears things sometimes, we had her hearing tested, and that was fine, but maybe some sort of auditory processing is going on.

The educational psychologist we saw last year did say her scores on the WJ-iii cog did not really have evidence of major visual processing problems though . . .

So yes 2e is definitely a possibility, but not sure at this stage.

Ahhh parenting, so complex!