Dubsyd, I went back and looked at your previous posts about your dd, just to try to remember what you were thinking when this came up previously. I may be remembering this wrong, but I think I saw in one post that she has a diagnosis of DCD. You mention she's been in OT etc - I am wondering if it's possible she might also be dyslexic or have some other type of reading challenge. It sounds like she's not making the progress in reading (or math) that you'd expect based on her ability scores - and I think whether or not you retain her in K or keep her in 1st etc isn't really as much the issue as first understanding why she's not making progress.

If she does have a reading challenge, I wouldn't hold her back because of it - I'd advocate for remediation and accommodations and keep her placed where her intellectual ability is appropriately placed. If it's simply a matter of needing another year to catch up, I'd be ok with retaining her - but from reading previous posts this appears to be an issue that you've pondered for quite awhile and she's not showing signs of making those catch-up jumps on her own yet.

Just my take on it - but before thinking through grade placement, I'd want a closer look at evaluating what's really up with her reading and math achievement and challenges.

Best wishes,

polarbear

Last edited by polarbear; 02/25/16 12:21 PM.